Pond Boss
Posted By: Anonymous New Pond Design - Liners Where to Start? - 05/31/06 08:04 PM
I am considering building a pond in Northwest Florida. Unfortunately, the soil is basically sand as you might expect. My first attempt failed as the pond completely percolated out when I dug it: I didn't put down a liner or make any ammendments to the existing soil. I am now going to try to do it the "right way". I am thinking of building about a 75'x75' pond (approxmate 6' depth) with a 45 mil EPDM liner (with underlayment), well for the water source, and a small aerator. The primary use will be for fishing: a few bass & bluegill.

A few questions: any advice on the liners? It seems like underlayment runs about $.20/sf and liners at about $.38/sf? I assume aeration is a good idea for this size pond? Do you think I can install and seam the liner myself? Any other input/advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!
I doubt you can put the liner in youself. I have a 20x20 liner, and I cannot move it myself. It is heavy and awkward!
© Pond Boss Forum