Pond Boss
Posted By: austinmartin Central Texas Contractor - 03/27/06 01:12 AM
I am wanting to build a 1 acrea pond just north of Austin. I had an engineer out to the property, referred by NRCS, and although I have 3-4 feet of decent black dirt, he said it will be a toss-up as to whether the pond will hold water. I will probably have to either use a liner or bring in better dirt from east of Austin. Does anyone know of a contractor in the Central Texas, ideally Austin, area that is knowledgable of pond building, importing dirt, etc. I have already dealt with a "knowledgable contractor" and now I am trying to become more involved myself. Thanks
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Central Texas Contractor - 03/27/06 01:59 AM
Austinmartin,

I sent you a personal message. Please check your email.

Sincerely,

Bruce Condello
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Central Texas Contractor - 03/27/06 02:55 AM
I didn't know the NRCS recommended dozer operators. They don't in Montague County and they were not able to comment. In my case, they gave me a list. I knew a couple of them and they were duds. Ask the NRCS for their complete list of local guys. Get opinions from more than one. Then go to neighbors ponds and ask who did it, how they liked the work, etc.
Posted By: austinmartin Re: Central Texas Contractor - 03/27/06 05:31 AM
Actually they recommended an engineer to look over the soil and land topography. I am looking on my own for a contractor with experience in this area. The NRCS did not give me a list of contractors. My post was just a long shot in the dark looking for a local recommendation.

Thanks for your input Dave.
Posted By: Alligator Re: Central Texas Contractor - 03/27/06 10:28 PM
Hi Austin,

I answered your other post - I didnt realize you posted here too. As stated above NRCS has a list of local contractors.

If you want local contractors - take a look at local BBQ joints, cafes, feed stores...those types of places. I found a good local dozer operator in East Texas that way. His puts buniess cards in the local cafe.

Gator
Posted By: austinmartin Re: Central Texas Contractor - 03/28/06 01:45 AM
That is what I am doing now. Think I have found a location for good clay soil to be trucked in that is not to far away. Only took about 2 hours on the phone following the dirt trail. Thanks.
© Pond Boss Forum