Pond Boss
Posted By: Matt1414 Soil question for pond renovation - 10/17/18 06:42 PM
This is my first post on the pond boss forum!! I just renovated a 2acre pond and was trying to find out if I needed to lime it and if I did what kind of lime how much would I need in south Mississippi and would I need to disc it under. Thanks!!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Soil question for pond renovation - 10/17/18 09:01 PM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to PBF!

I recommend you have the soil tested before making any amendments. The test results will give you the info required to know how much, if any, Ag Lime or other supplement you need to add. I'm sure if you post the results of the soil analysis here, one of the pros can help with interpreting the results.

Bill D.
Posted By: Alen jones Re: Soil question for pond renovation - 09/16/19 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Hi Matt,

Welcome to PBF!

I recommend you have the soil tested before making any amendments. The test results will give you the info required to know how much, if any, Ag Lime or other supplement you need to add. I'm sure if you post the results of the soil analysis here, one of the pros can help with interpreting the results.

Bill D.

Here you just describe the brilliant answer. I am really appreciate your thinking.
Posted By: ewest Re: Soil question for pond renovation - 09/17/19 08:13 PM
A good idea to have soil tested. Miss State extension does the tests.

What area of the state ? If you have pines in the area then the chance of needing lime is high. You do not need to disc it into the pond bottom.
© Pond Boss Forum