Pond Boss
Posted By: Pottsy Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/08/07 07:58 PM
Since this is the help section and I need help I thought I'd post this here.

I need rain, lots of it, four or more feet of it in fact. Or at least enough in my drainage ditch for me to pump 1,303,392 gallons into the pond before freeze up. Yikes!

So if anyone can spare some rain, I will gladly accept it.
Dang, I wish you had asked earlier in the year. I had some surplus that I would have gladly sent you. Now, I'm down about 30 inches in my water holes and am again scanning the skies.
alot you guys already know this, but for the newcomers....we have a total of 1.7 inches on the new "wet season" which officially started 7/1/07.

we were teased in early october w/ about 1.5 inches (of that 1.7 total) over a couple weeks. that was the first rain since May 14 2007. we've been dry since and my pond is about 7 feet down. the pond, its owner, and its inhabitants are direly.....eagerly.... waiting for the first gully washer.
When does the wet season end?
june 30th of course \:\)

its an arbitrary cutoff date assigned some years ago by the CA Dept. of Water Resources (DWR).....the last normal rains usually end in april, sometimes may, rarely june.

the first normal rains of the wet season dont usually start until December, sometimes november, rarely october.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 01:21 AM
Heck, I'm ready for rain here. The old pond remains 2 feet low and if the new pond filled up now, I'd be OK with it.

Anybody know the import/export laws for taking 1.3 million gallons of water into Canada?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 01:59 AM
To be fair and magnanimous, we might try to divert our selfish water desires to places like Lake Lanier and Lake Allatoona.
-
-
...or not.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 03:14 AM
Please, we'll send you Jimmy Carter..........
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 04:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Heck, I'm ready for rain here. The old pond remains 2 feet low and if the new pond filled up now, I'd be OK with it.

Anybody know the import/export laws for taking 1.3 million gallons of water into Canada?

Certainly little more then that slip of paper you put on parcels at the post office no?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 04:40 PM
Pottsy:

I attempted a trial shipment of water yesterday.

Apparently, the Post Office no longer recommends wrapping parcels in brown paper tied with string for good reason.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 05:43 PM

Dave and I see your 2 feet at raise you 5 feet (or should that be lower you 5 feet? I don't know I was never good at poker).

I figure between the two of us Dave and I need about 6,865,681 gallons to bring us back to normal (give or take a few thousand gallons). Sending it to California should avoid all of the Canadian customs forms. We are ready, willing and able to give you Britney Spears as an even trade. Heck we may even throw in Paris Hilton if you express ship it to us.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 07:15 PM
You've convinced, me, JHAP. I'm sending you (and DIED) your water before I send any to Pottsy.

Keep Britney and Paris. Please.
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Help - I need rain and lots of it. - 11/09/07 09:54 PM
Pottsy:

I attempted a trial shipment of water yesterday.

Apparently, the Post Office no longer recommends wrapping parcels in brown paper tied with string for good reason.

But did you try wax paper? Clearly that would eliviate much of the Postal concern.
non-CA ziplocs theo, send it in non-CA ziplocks, then i can re-use them for freezing fish \:\)

i wuz gonna offer the governator, but you cant have him, he's actually doin a pretty good job.
© Pond Boss Forum