Pond Boss
Posted By: Freg My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/06/19 01:12 PM
My LMB have always been difficult to catch, but in the last month or so none of my fish want to hit anything including live bait! I hand feed pellets 3 times a day and the BG, HBG, and YP aggressively feed so I know they're happy and healthy. Could this just mean that my fish have plenty to eat so they aren't going after lures or bait?
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/06/19 01:19 PM
Freg
How are you rigging up for live bait and what are you using for bait?
Posted By: Freg Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/06/19 02:02 PM
Mostly redworms on a #6 hook. They used to hit the hell out of 1-2 inch crayfish during the summer but I haven't tried any real recently.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/07/19 01:09 AM
Try live shiners with light wire Aberdeen hooked thru the lips no weight lite line cast out and drag it till something eats it
Posted By: Funky Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/07/19 11:48 AM
I have LMB in my pond with CC,GSH and BG, and have only caught one in the past 4 years. Everyone says they are so full of bait fish they are not interested in anything with a hook in it, then laugh, but maybe they are right, just do not know!
Posted By: Freg Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/07/19 02:15 PM
Glad I'm not the only one Funky! I've caught probably 10 largemouth since the spring. My pond is very small with clear water so I assume that's why they're so skittish.
Posted By: jludwig Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/07/19 02:48 PM
Have you tried matching the forage base with a small BG as bait?
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Re: My Fish Won't Hit Anything - 10/07/19 05:36 PM
Catch what they eat and present it to them as wounded...bammo.
Predators cant resist a wounded baitfish.
© Pond Boss Forum