Pond Boss
Posted By: Quarter Acre What's our policy... - 07/27/17 07:50 PM
What is Pond Boss' policy on giving bad reviews for companies we have dealt with on a personal level for our pond supplies?

I have some "not very good things" to say about a plant supplier and wanted to know the policy before giving the facts with respect to a recent transaction.
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: What's our policy... - 07/27/17 10:11 PM
I will verify with Bob on how he would like to handle these situations. Please send an email to the Pond Boss office. You can send it to info@pondboss.com or to me directly at leighann@pondboss.com.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: What's our policy... - 07/28/17 01:19 AM
I've wondered this myself.
Posted By: Flame Re: What's our policy... - 07/28/17 02:03 PM
I also wondered because we have no problems writing our comments and a "good" plug for companies we have used and liked.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: What's our policy... - 07/28/17 03:43 PM
I have emailed LeighAnn for advice on the matter, but at this time all I will say is that there is one plant/tree company that goes by several names that should have their reviews researched prior to doing business with. You will know where they stand by the massive amounts of bad reviews. One review site even downgraded a bunch of positive reviews to neutral because they all came form one IP address.

Bottom line is...check out any unknown company for their reviews before buying. Lesson learned here! I may not be out much and maybe the order will eventually come in with above a 1 star rating. So far, the customer service/communications have been very sketchy.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: What's our policy... - 07/28/17 08:21 PM
I know the answer. Bob and I have discussed it. Lusk and Otto like to be supportive of those that support Pond Boss by advertising in the magazine. And, they make dang little off the mag and the web site is a money loser. So, essentially they like to keep the PB mag advertising without a lot of competition to those that help support them.

I can see where somebody might say that XYZ co did a great job for them and it was a Brother In law deal.

And, BTW, Bob and Mike have a decent backlog of regular customers.
© Pond Boss Forum