Pond Boss
Posted By: RER Feeder issues - 12/18/16 09:29 PM
I have had my moultree feeder up for years and has ran like a charm. I noticed It not going off so I checked things out. Opened the box and all looks shiny and new no corrosion Etc. I'm thinking the recharchable battery finally went. Odd thing is if I hook up only the negative or the positive the display lights up and all looks good. If I connect the negative or positive back it just goes black. Any thoughts??
Posted By: djstauder Re: Feeder issues - 12/19/16 01:29 PM
I had several of the hanging aquapro feeders and it was the timers that often went bad. Only had a few batteries go bad.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Feeder issues - 12/19/16 04:29 PM
Bobby, I always replace the battery first if there's any feeder problems. I don't know much about Moultrees anymore, but a low battery can allow the screen to work without having enough juice to actually spin the plate.

It is strange that the screen will display with only one wire though.
Posted By: RER Re: Feeder issues - 12/19/16 04:34 PM
yea, the screen is just dead. If I hook up just one of the wires it lights back up...I thought that was really odd. Even if I connect the negative side the screen lights up. I didn't try to have if go off.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Feeder issues - 12/19/16 04:36 PM
I noticed a deer feeder do that when I was replacing a bad battery. I bet it is the battery.
Posted By: RER Re: Feeder issues - 02/28/17 01:54 PM
it was the battery. got a new one all is working fine again.
© Pond Boss Forum