Pond Boss
Posted By: canyoncreek technical question for forum operator - 03/02/15 05:28 PM
Hi, I notice recently when I"m browsing the forum and reading a page that the tab that is open to the BP forum has a constant spinning circle as if it is constantly loading something but is stuck and doesn't completely load it. I tried IE, Firefox and Google Chrome but have the same issue. Are we aware of any scripts that might be stuck or ads that are 'frozen' or something? Anyone else have this?

I notice while typing this post on the new post page that it is not spinning, but it does on all the pages where I read posts of others.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: technical question for forum operator - 03/02/15 05:47 PM
I'm not seeing it here. I tried it on Windows XP, Windows 7, Android, and Linux Mint 16, with both Chrome and Firefox.

If somebody else is having an issue, please report so we can look into it.

Ken
Posted By: Sunil Re: technical question for forum operator - 03/06/15 07:45 PM
I only get that constant spinning circle when the page I'm trying to get to has not fully loaded.

Many times, I just want to smash my laptop screen when I see that stupid, stupid, stupid little green spinning circle...
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: technical question for forum operator - 03/06/15 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Many times, I just want to smash my laptop screen when I see that stupid, stupid, stupid little green spinning circle...

It happens mostly at work but I notice that it is happening at home as well. I think there is a script or ad that is hanging up and isn't loading all the way. Most of the page is there so I can read it but the ball keeps spinning as something is holding it up. I just watched it happen here at work and it was spinning away until finally the ad popped in on the upper left and then it stopped spinning. That probably is the issue, servers that push ads may not always respond quickly or something.
Posted By: JKB Re: technical question for forum operator - 03/06/15 10:19 PM
Try ad block plus, or listen to this over and over.

© Pond Boss Forum