Pond Boss
Posted By: Scott50 Beach area help - 07/31/14 03:25 PM
I'm back to ask for more help. Recently storms took down a couple of my large trees which fell to a tree lined area of the pond wiping out everything in that area. I now have this opening which the wife says would be nice for a beach. I am going to work the area to a nice gradual slope. I have a roll of geotextile mat, I have yet to open, and thought I would use this under the sand on shore and let it extend into the pond. I think I'm ok on the shore but felt I need some sort of perimeter around it in the water as to not have it wash away. Any thoughts on what I can use or thoughts on the process I outlined above? As always thanks for the time and advice.
Posted By: ewest Re: Beach area help - 07/31/14 04:34 PM
See this thread to start - lots of ideas and methods

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=185747&page=1
Posted By: Scott50 Re: Beach area help - 08/01/14 11:12 AM
Ewest, thanks. Since my pond already exists, which would make it difficult to build any type of containment area, has anyone done anything different. I thought about putting the fabric down and then placing bags of concrete around the perimeter. Problem I'm guessing is those might sink into the muck making me make them 2 high to get any type of depth. That would be a lot of bags and work! Thanks !!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Beach area help - 08/01/14 01:13 PM
I just get a dump truck of sand every couple years and let it was out.. Now I have a sand bottom almost to the end of my dock..
Posted By: ewest Re: Beach area help - 08/01/14 01:43 PM
Yes both of those methods work (sand dump and rock/sackcrete enclosure). Fabric will help/
Posted By: Scott50 Re: Beach area help - 08/01/14 03:34 PM
BGK I like that idea, seems a lot easier. I think I might start with a few bags of sackrete to hold the fabric down and then dump. Thanks
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Beach area help - 08/01/14 07:07 PM
I should of got a load this yr but didn't have to wait til spring..
© Pond Boss Forum