Pond Boss
Posted By: CoachB White Lumps on my BG - 08/18/11 01:42 PM
Ove the last week I have observed some white lumps on several of my BG when I feed them. I have yet to catch one with the lumps, so do not have a picture. One had a lump on his forehead, another had a coulpe on its back, and a third had a bunch down his side. They look to be about the size the "o" on my keyboard. I can easily see them from the dock. Any idea what it is? Should I be worried about this spreading? How would you treat a pond? I have treated fish tanks before and I now it is not Ich (have dealt with that many times in my tanks).
Posted By: fishm_n Re: White Lumps on my BG - 08/18/11 01:52 PM
possible?? white grub.

Mabeye scars from leaches?

Have to see what the experts say and of course pictures would help.
Posted By: esshup Re: White Lumps on my BG - 08/18/11 05:56 PM
With the heat that we've been having, the fish are more stressed. I know my water temps were in the upper 80's for a couple of weeks.

Catch one and get a good clear close pic. I caught a CC out of a friends pond that had an open sore on each side of it, right in the middle of the body. Each sore was about 2" long and at least 1" tall. He said it was from an eagle earlier in the year, but I've only seen an occasional osprey. The CC was just shy of 6#. I stocked some LMB in the pond in late June, and the 2 that had sores on their jaw were just starting to heal last week when I caught one. I tagged them with numbered tags, so I know it was the same fish.
© Pond Boss Forum