Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Local store for pond accesories - 12/31/09 11:07 PM
Anyone here from Arkansas or close by that knows of a place where you can just walk in and buy stuff like DO meters, and Temp. Meters, and air hose and pumps and such??? I live in Little Rock and would actually like to go to a store and purchase something instead of buying online all the time. Anyway just thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for any reponses.
Posted By: fishwrangler Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/01/10 04:18 PM
If your looking for a DO meter I dont know how well or accurate it is but Cabelas has got one for 80 bucks.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/01/10 08:04 PM
Hey fish,

No I am just looking that's all. I was wondering if there is a store that might actually specialize in this kind of stuff near by me. I mean wouldn't it be nice to be able to walk into a store full of pond stuff and get whatevery you want? Sometimes I would just like to be able to look at it and put my hands on it and check it out. I guess i am asking to much maybe? Maybe i need to start a store myself?
Posted By: fishwrangler Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/01/10 09:06 PM
That would be nice I agree. You'd probably make a killin start one here too.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/01/10 09:13 PM
Go see Ted Lea (Forever Green) in Waynesfield, Ohio. It's only about a 14 hour drive.....pertnear just around the corner!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/03/10 02:33 AM
Yeah no problem! It would seem there is a bit of a market for such a thing though. Hmmm. Now I got myself thinking!!!
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/03/10 02:53 AM
really dont know of one in the entire country with a store of pond mgmt inventory. Not that big of a client base. Aquatic Eco probably has alot but don't think they got a "real" store. We have more and more in inventory for folks to see things. heck your in fish farming country bet you can make an arrangement to visit a farm for some "pond stuff".
Posted By: RC51 Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/03/10 11:47 PM
yeah I suppose your right Greg. Lonoke is only 15 miles from me and they are all kinds of fish farms. I will look around to see what I can find. Thx,
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/04/10 10:42 PM
We go to lonoke about 8 times a year. Try Malone's or Hopper Stevens or Keo.

Rex,were getting the "bubble store" ready for spring \:\)
Posted By: RC51 Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/06/10 06:03 PM
Ok thanks I will, maybe I can get some bigger CNB from them as well. I can't seem to get them up North when I am up there.

Thanks,
Posted By: JKB Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/12/10 07:16 PM
You can probably get all you want at Graingers. Sometimes a bit pricey, but usually cheaper than a retail outlet. Plus if they don't have it on hand, they could pull it from a warehouse and ship it to your local store for free.

Another one is McMaster-Carr. They have one of everything on the planet. 'cept tv's and the like.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Local store for pond accesories - 01/13/10 05:33 PM
jkb grainger has pond supplies? I knew they would have pumps but was not aware of do meters etc. They had a decent supply but I think price is similiar to Aquatic Eco that is an advertiser in PB.

Ted great pictures if anyone is close to Ted worth going by to get educated on proper aeration.
© Pond Boss Forum