Pond Boss
Posted By: Tom F What would you think? - 06/28/09 06:28 PM
What would you think if someone contacted you wanting to sell you fish. He tells you what the amount for the fish and delivery to your pond would be. He then states his preferred date of delivery and you agree. The day of delivery comes and you wait around and no one shows. That evening he calls and says he'd like to deliver the next day but you would have to meet him part way and he now wants twice as much for delivery.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 06:39 PM
If he wants a sale he should go by the agreed upon prices.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 07:49 PM
I think I'd be looking for a different fish supplier.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 07:58 PM
My first action would be to remind him of his earlier verbal committment, and ask kindly if he'd like to fulfill his promise.

My second action, if I didn't get an appropriate response to the first action would be to thank him for the opportunity to use his name on the world's largest pond management forum.
Posted By: RAH Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 08:02 PM
I'd can him and look elsewhere. However, I won't by another GM vehicle based on a lemon I got in 1987, so take my advice under caution.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 09:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
My first action would be to remind him of his earlier verbal committment, and ask kindly if he'd like to fulfill his promise.

My second action, if I didn't get an appropriate response to the first action would be to thank him for the opportunity to use his name on the world's largest pond management forum.

See, that's why people you wouldn't want to like you anyway don't like you.
Posted By: ewest Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 10:22 PM
I would cancel the order and look elsewhere. If you push him its no telling what fish you will get.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 10:34 PM
All good suggestions, but I would do what Ewest said.
Posted By: esshup Re: What would you think? - 06/28/09 10:45 PM
Can him. I'd be too afraid of 1) not getting the correct fish, correct amount, or 2) have him turn around and go the other way after he got your $$.
Posted By: Tom F Re: What would you think? - 06/29/09 12:10 AM
To me the money isn't as big of deal as the fact that he picked the delivery date and then doesn't show and just leaves you waiting.
© Pond Boss Forum