Pond Boss
Posted By: Sk187 Best pond dye prices? - 08/24/19 05:44 PM
Ive been buying *name removed* 2.5 gallon pond dye from a national farm supply company and it averages out to $21.19/gallon after tax. The label says 1 gallon treats 1.25 million gallons of water.

Has anyone found a better price per gallon/concentration?

*Edit - removed name of pond dye and where it was purchased.
Posted By: RStringer Re: Best pond dye prices? - 08/24/19 06:08 PM
A local place here has it for 39.99 a gallon. So that's almost half off. Small farm store price.
Posted By: DrLuke Re: Best pond dye prices? - 08/24/19 06:09 PM
That's LESS than what it costs here in Iowa at our local farm supply store. We run $39 to $49 for one gallon jugs, depending on brand. A quick look on Amazon shows same price range.
Posted By: Sk187 Re: Best pond dye prices? - 08/24/19 06:14 PM
I wonder if mine is cheaper because the concentration is lower?
The product I buy says 1 gallon treats 1.25 million gallons of water.

I have attached the receipt.

Attached picture ponddye.jpg
Posted By: RStringer Re: Best pond dye prices? - 08/24/19 08:28 PM
This was off the website

Attached picture Screenshot_20190824-152719_Samsung Internet.jpg
Posted By: snrub Re: Best pond dye prices? - 08/25/19 12:24 AM
Check into "Rain Biologics".
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Best pond dye prices? - 08/25/19 01:21 AM
SK187, You have to like the color of the dye (that makes it worth the money or not worth the money) and also some dyes do not have the correct pigment to block the correct wavelength of light. I'm not sure if every dye lasts as long either which also contributes to its cost by means of repeat dosing.

I went to the same store as you but purchased the Midnite blue brand for about $30/gallon. My first attempt was to put about 1/2 gallon in my .25 acre puddle. So far I like the color, a bit of a blend between blue and black and not much green. It seemed to last only about 6 weeks and my puddle is back to being coffee with cream color again. This late in the year I may just save the other half a gallon for next spring.
© Pond Boss Forum