Pond Boss
Posted By: Hautlynk LARGE Bass Buggy?? - 12/30/18 05:09 PM
Hey folks, looking for something LIKE a bass buggy, but bigger?

The biggest one I am finding is 10 feet - 12 or 14 would be ideal. Could spend $2k or so on it but CAN"T drop the $5k-$6k on a the very nice aluminum rigs.

Any ideas?

thanks!
Posted By: Flame Re: LARGE Bass Buggy?? - 12/31/18 01:28 AM
I live in east Texas lakes area and there are old 70 year model little fiberglass bass boats laying around everywhere.Sometimes pick them up for free. I paid $200 for a 15 ft. boat,motor,and trailer. Sold the motor for $300 I think. kept the trailer for a utility trailer. Bought a used trolling motor and a battery and off I go in my 2 acre pond. Old bass boats are narrow and deep . perfect for my pond and safe for smaller grandchildren. Lot of times we still just paddle it around to fish. Just what I did. Good luck
Posted By: TGW1 Re: LARGE Bass Buggy?? - 12/31/18 02:14 PM
We picked up a little 14' old skeeter bass boat. I think it was the original bass boat. You could add a 25 hp motor and the darn thing would scoot like a speed boat! smile I have a 20 and a 25hp but after seeing one recently on Caddo lake that thing was moving! I did have to reinforce the floor by adding some fiberglass sheets. Flame I think it is at least 60 yrs old. A great little fishing boat for the pond by using a small trolling motor for thrust.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: LARGE Bass Buggy?? - 12/31/18 02:24 PM
I think I remember seeing a photo of one like ours here on this forum that had been completely rebuilt. I might be wrong about the photo being here but I think it was a couple a yrs ago here.
© Pond Boss Forum