Pond Boss
Posted By: wbuffetjr Classifieds Section - 05/28/18 05:32 PM
How hard would it be for us to get a classifieds section for members to sell gear they may not need anymore? I am not talking about professionals/companies selling their goods. Obviously they need to be sponsors. I am talking about regular guys just trying to sell an extra pump or couple extra diffusers, left over sinking line, etc?

Maybe it's totally impossible. Just thought I'd ask.
Posted By: peachgrower Re: Classifieds Section - 05/28/18 06:32 PM
I second the idea. laugh Could make it subscriber only. That is how most forums I have been on are. Like a swap and shop section. It is a previlage to be able to trade with like minded and trusted folks on a forum. There have been many times I have found something on a forum that I would not have found elsewhere. Cool idea wbuffet. You wouldn't be pushing out anyone, and at least your used equip could help a fellow pondbosser out.
Posted By: DannyMac Re: Classifieds Section - 05/28/18 10:47 PM
sounds good to me
Posted By: anthropic Re: Classifieds Section - 05/28/18 11:12 PM
I like it, too. Sometimes you have spare sacks of feed, or feeders, or whatever. Hard to trust random strangers, but PB subscribers who we interact with all the time are a different matter.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Classifieds Section - 05/29/18 02:44 AM
I like the idea....perhaps a ??? dollar contribution to the Forum when you post something for sale or trade? How about a classified section to PBM?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Classifieds Section - 05/29/18 10:18 AM
Here's the deal. Lusk and Otto have always limited this to PB Mag advertisers. Not much reason for them to advertise in the mag if they can do it free and still have to compete with non advertisers. The Forum here is a $ loser to Bob and Mike. They just do it and neither of them need more business. Heck, they don't even advertise here.

Also, I know some of the Mods on the Texas Hunting Forum and Texas Fishing Forum. They tell me that 90% of their issues/hard feelings involve the For Sale/Trade areas. Hard feelings are pretty rare here and the shiftless/lazy Mods don't want to be referees.

So, the bottom line is loss of revenue and Mods being to sleep nights.
© Pond Boss Forum