Pond Boss
Posted By: FireIsHot Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/16/17 04:35 PM
I got an email from Lowrance this week, and they've come out with a pocket depth finder. No clue how it compares to existing castable depth finders, but here's the info.

Fishhunter
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/17/17 11:37 AM
Pretty cool
Posted By: esshup Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/18/17 03:32 PM
Wal-Mart Fish Hunter

$134.00
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/18/17 08:17 PM
Navico(Lowrance's parent company) bought out Fish Hunter, so Walmart's selling old inventory. Gotta love them though. Lowrance's retail price for the Pro is $149. Walmart has the retail price listed as $176, and their sale price is based off of that.
Posted By: djstauder Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/19/17 02:17 PM
Dumb question??? How does it work? Do you cast it out there hooked to a fishing line then reel it in when done?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/19/17 07:06 PM
Not a dumb question at all. Yes, cast it, or toss it out with a line, and get depth/fish for one's pond while standing on the bank. I'll probably get one for my 3 smaller ponds, and a few others I'm helping manage. My lovely wife and I are coming up on another anniversary, so maybe I'll get her one for that. She will be very surprised.
Posted By: djstauder Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/20/17 12:40 PM
ha! I best she'll be surprised!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/20/17 12:46 PM
My sis bought me an IBobber. I've used it once and it seemed to do ok but I think it actually was measuring the depth to the tops of the weed beds instead of actual pond depth.
Posted By: N.TexasHalfAcre Re: Lowrance Castable Sonar - 09/20/17 02:24 PM
This would be great for mapping out an unknown pond bottom like mine that was purchased and not built. I would love to have built my pond and have been involved in shaping the bottom and adding structure. But I wasn't. I have no clue what is down there. I will definitely look at getting one of these to help me get an idea of what I am working with.
© Pond Boss Forum