Pond Boss
Posted By: Log242 Buying Clay Around SE Iowa for Pond Repair - 02/26/17 08:01 PM
Hi,
I'm currently looking for somewhere around South East Iowa that would sell straight clay to patch up a small hole in my pond. Any idea on anywhere I could get this around the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids/Davenport Area? I've pretty much made up my mind on using straight clay instead of sodium bentonite but if anyone even has suggestions on where to get that instead of clay, I'd still be happy to hear it. I'm open for a company delivering it or else picking it up.

I've honestly haven't had much luck looking on the internet or through the quarries websites around here. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place
Welcome to PBF Log,

I think I would check with the small excavating companies. A lot of times those guys dig basements and foundations and have clay they need to move off site.
Have you called Manatts? Sometimes they are pretty good about knowing where to go for the type of fill you are needing..
No I haven't yet! I'll have to try giving these guys a call sometime here this week and ask. I feel like if I ask the right source, they'll point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Posted By: Howie Re: Buying Clay Around SE Iowa for Pond Repair - 11/28/17 03:06 AM
Did you find clay for your pond repair? I am deepening the edge of my pond and have a few single axle dump truck loads sitting here on my property. I am located between Muscatine and Davenport.
© Pond Boss Forum