Pond Boss
New to the forum and have enjoyed browsing for a few weeks before joining. Some great information out there!

So my family has a small farm up near Athens GA and we have a small pond that is about 1/10th of an acre. In the past it has been stocked with catfish as well as bream. We are looking to restock it in the next few weeks. We are having our annual family reunion at the farm in the Fall of 2016. My question is where would I be able to buy some catfish that would be in the larger range as opposed to the 5-7 inch fingerlings? Would like to let the kids catch some decent sized catfish while attending the family reunion.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on what hatcheries or private companies that may offer a larger scale catfish around Georgia or neighboring states?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum, Will27!

Contact Greg Grimes with Lakework.com He will either have great fish for you, or steer you to whomever does!
I could get you all the 8" hybrid blue/channel cats you'd ever want if wanting for a growout operation.
Check out the Georgia Farmers and Consumers Market Bulletin. The classifieds has a section on fish for sale and there are a number of ads listing catfish of all sizes. You can buy this paper in local country stores or subscribe online. Note that the server appears to be down at the moment but the URL is:

http://agr.georgia.gov/market-bulletin.aspx
© Pond Boss Forum