Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep Rock Picker - 03/16/15 03:52 PM
Neat attachment:

Posted By: Cisco Re: Rock Picker - 03/16/15 04:53 PM
I saw that yesterday Zep. I'm wondering hoe it'll work on a tractor. I've got a quick attach bucket but it'll be sticking out front a lot more on the FEL that on that bobcat. That beats the you know what out of how I've been picking them up. And I have a lot to pick up.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rock Picker - 03/17/15 02:32 AM
Not real impressed Brian. That sucker is working on rocks on soft, plowed ground. West Texas would tear it up in a hurry.
Posted By: snrub Re: Rock Picker - 03/17/15 02:46 AM
I used to have several rock pickers, but they wised up as they got older and no longer wanted to spend "quality" time with their grandpa. grin

I have one of the rock buckets for a front end loader made of 2" (I think) round rods. It does not work too well. Need to have the ground extremely dry and no trash and it will kind of work.

The rotating drum is a neat idea. Looks like it is made out of bars about the same size as my rock bucket. But by rotating like it does, that would solve a lot of the problem of my bucket just trying to load up dirt like a regular loader bucket. Unless the dirt is dry and free of trash, the dirt will not fall out between the bars without getting excessively rough with the loader controls which I don't like to do.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Rock Picker - 03/17/15 02:12 PM
snrub, I now have to pay by the hr if I need the help of my Grandson. Haha He always tells me I don't have to pay him but he will not stay very long if I don't offer a little money for his work. lol
Tracy
Posted By: Cisco Re: Rock Picker - 03/17/15 03:00 PM
Dave,
that was my first thought. It looks nice but hooked to a FEL, I think it would get way too heavy way too quick, that is if you ever got any rocks in it. Out where I'm at, you'll never get it under the dirt. It might work for the rocks on top though. Until you hit a ROCK. My dozer won't move some of them.

Tracy,
It was the same way with my step grandson. He'd works his butt off though. But now that his dad and my daughter split up, it's hard to get him away from the girls if you know what I mean.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rock Picker - 03/18/15 01:34 PM
Same as my place Brian. I'd tear that thing up before I got any rocks moved.
Posted By: edit7279 Re: Rock Picker - 03/26/15 08:01 PM
Just came across this article and remembered this post.

http://www.agriculture.com/videos/v/103509512/innovative-rock-picker-all-around-the-farm.htm
© Pond Boss Forum