Pond Boss
Posted By: Jeffb Muddy water - 04/26/17 11:37 PM
I have a brand new pond about 2 weeks old filled it up with water still muddy after 2 weeks we have a sandier ground not put sand but still sandy about how long should it take to clear it's only about 1/4 acre
Posted By: Rainman Re: Muddy water - 04/27/17 01:40 AM
Jeffb, take a jar of water and let it sit undisturbed for up to 5 days. If your jar test water does not clear in that time, it may never clear without intervention. In the meantime, don't let muddy water stop you from adding some fathead minnows to get a jump start on your forage base.
Posted By: Jeffb Re: Muddy water - 04/27/17 01:43 AM
Ok thank you for ur reply sir
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Muddy water - 04/27/17 01:07 PM
Jeff mine took about a year to clear up. Have your water checked and do what Water Guru Rainman Says to do . Then you can figure out the next step if any to take. Keep us posted
Posted By: stickem' Re: Muddy water - 04/27/17 07:58 PM
Jeffb,
My li'l BOW took some time to clear as well. Do the jar test as Rainman suggested. Then you'll know exactly where you stand and what you can expect. I believe my CC and BC keep my bottom a bit stirred up, and until I get that situation under control, that's what I got.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Muddy water - 04/27/17 09:45 PM
Jeffster, please excuse and ignor any advice from the three previous posters.
I have an 1/4 acre pond dug into pure Brown clay in North In. It has been "muddy" for 10 yrs. The fish have thrived and the grandbrats don't give a hoot what kinda of water they are frolickin in. Be happy you have a hole that holds water, it will produce as much as you put into it.
Posted By: stickem' Re: Muddy water - 04/28/17 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
Jeffster, please excuse and ignor any advice from the three previous posters.
I have an 1/4 acre pond dug into pure Brown clay in North In. It has been "muddy" for 10 yrs. The fish have thrived and the grandbrats don't give a hoot what kinda of water they are frolickin in. Be happy you have a hole that holds water, it will produce as much as you put into it.

Bob-O,
I was wondering when you were going to crawl out from underneath that rock you've been hiding under...regardless of the comment...good to hear from you, buddy!
© Pond Boss Forum