Pond Boss
Posted By: raw10000 What plants and where to buy in North Texas - 12/06/19 03:17 PM
I need advice to what pond plants are best for ponds in North Texas, Grayson County. Where would I go to buy these plants? Anyone have success transplanting from other ponds, although that might make me nervous to bring unwanted vegetation along with it. Personally I like the look of reeds, do y’all recommend and certain types of reeds or rushes? 1 Acre pond, approx. 12 feet deep at deepest point. Recently dug back out. Thanks!
I haven't bought anything there, but Joe Snow Aquatic Plants is in Denton.

We have Bulrush, and the dwarf variety. Very good plants for erosion control.
Thank you
American pondweed is good and usually not too aggressive.
I'd stay clear of cattails.. Softstem or hardstem bullrush are better to control (easy to manage) and yes, if you can find APW and get it started. I'm sure there are many other desirable species as well.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: What plants and where to buy in North Texas - 12/07/19 12:19 PM
If u pick some up at nearby lakes be sure you wash it off and inspect each and every strand before you transplant it to your pond. That is how I got my APW and it's my favorite of all pond plants. In my pond it grows out to about 4 to 5' water depths and after planting a few strands 3 yrs ago it now covers most of the shoreline.
© Pond Boss Forum