Pond Boss
Posted By: duckweedgood looking for duckweed - 10/01/19 06:22 PM
Hello,
I live between Houston/college station/austin and am looking for duckweed to harvest in the area. Id love to hear from anyone in this vicinity that would like to get rid of duckweed.
Posted By: DavidDunn Re: looking for duckweed - 10/01/19 06:46 PM
I would almost pay you to drive to Iowa smile
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 01:09 AM
Seal it up in a ziplock bag or vac bag and mail him some
Posted By: duckweedgood Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Williamson
Seal it up in a ziplock bag or vac bag and mail him some

I want it by the truckload!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 04:32 PM
What do you need a truck load of duckweed for
Posted By: RStringer Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 04:46 PM
Sounds like a gluten for punishment. But hey to each his own. Its your bow you do as you want. Or is this for an evil prank on an enemy lol?
Posted By: N.TexasHalfAcre Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 04:52 PM
Maybe he wants a lot of ducks?
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 06:29 PM
I'm gonna bet that if a person honestly wanted duckweed in their pond, for whatever good reason, that the duckweed gods would deny them...duckweed only comes to those that don't want it to begin with. lol

A am curious as to why one would desire the plant by the truckload. Maybe they are looking for the work of cleaning others ponds, to feed livestock (I've heard that's a thing), as a sewage effluent, or just to attract ducks.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 08:20 PM
Guess we will have to wait for his reply..... sitting on pins and needles, how bout y’all
Posted By: Vortex 4 Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 08:48 PM
Maybe used to make meatless burgers for those city folk. Something has to be in them.
Posted By: RStringer Re: looking for duckweed - 10/02/19 09:52 PM
Curiosity is gunna kill these cats. Where you at duckweedgood?
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 09:38 AM
I bet Tilapia would do well on it.
As I understand, it is high in protein.
Posted By: gehajake Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 11:26 AM
I tell ya,, the fellow claims to be from Texas,,, sometimes I wonder about them guys!
As for duckweed,, I know a few sewage lagoons that would probably supply him with several truckloads apiece,, he's more then welcome to help himself,, I might even help out with the shipping costs.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 04:41 PM
Ya think he just stirring the pot a little? Lol
Posted By: RStringer Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 04:57 PM
Must be 1 of those facebook jokers.
Posted By: duckweedgood Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 05:25 PM
I am a duckhunter. As the name implies, ducks, especially gadwalls as well as wood ducks and wigeon just love the stuff. As some have mentioned, duckweed seems to only grow where you dont want it. I have a difficult time keeping the duckweed on my ponds due to water chemistry, overflow, wind blowing it on the bank, and ducks eating it.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 06:00 PM
Welcome to the forums duck...! You've come to the right place, as you can tell there are a few DW haters among us.

Good luck on your search.

It's only my 2 cents, but from what I've read...duck weed likes high nutrient levels in the BOW. Maybe you could work on that aspect of the water chemistry and gain some ground too.
Posted By: RStringer Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 07:12 PM
If I had a truckload I sure would let you come get it. My apologies if I offended you the facebook joker comment. That was wrong of me.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: looking for duckweed - 10/03/19 07:14 PM
Welcome Duck

We meant no harm just pickin! Have you tried running a floating barrier or barricade to hold the duckweed where you want it?
Posted By: duckweedgood Re: looking for duckweed - 10/07/19 04:29 PM
Well, if anyone in my area does want to get rid of some duckweed, just let me know. I was hoping to get a few truckloads between Nov 1 and Thanksgiving.

thanks
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: looking for duckweed - 10/07/19 05:20 PM
How well does it survive transport? If all 10,000 of us pond boss members each shipped him a medium sized USPS flat rate box of duckweed he might have a few truck loads when he was done?
Posted By: duckweedgood Re: looking for duckweed - 10/07/19 05:43 PM
I would be ecstatic.
Posted By: roundy Re: looking for duckweed - 10/07/19 06:17 PM
If I were DW, I would be happier to just recieve the $128,000 shipping that project would require. smile
© Pond Boss Forum