Pond Boss
Posted By: FairviewFarmer Should I be Concerned - 05/30/19 08:08 AM
Is this a problem and should I be concerned? Aeration in pond already and running about 14 hours a day. Pond is stocked.
If it is a problem what would be my best course of action to repair.
Thanks.

Attached picture Pond.jpg
Posted By: Mfitzs70 Re: Should I be Concerned - 05/30/19 09:25 AM
You'll need to get some other views of it. Maybe put some in a mason jar or glass and get a closer shot. The experts should be here soon.
Posted By: Mike Whatley Re: Should I be Concerned - 05/30/19 09:45 AM
It's hard to tell if that's FA, or possibly duck weed/water meal. Can you take a closer picture?
Posted By: FairviewFarmer Re: Should I be Concerned - 05/31/19 01:22 PM
Okay I'll get a closer shot today, sorry had to work a bunch of OT yesterday.
Thank You
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Should I be Concerned - 05/31/19 02:07 PM
If it were me I'd knock that stuff back before it get worse. Not sure exactly what it is from the picture, but fairly certain a product called Clipper would do the job on it.

It looks like a nutrient rich water condition. How long have you been running aeration to the pond? After the treatment to kill that stuff off, waters will be more nutrient rich. The next thing to do is consider adding some beneficial bacteria to compete for those nutrients. There are many brands that fall under the description of 'muck eating bacteria' that would help. Keeping the aeration going as much as possible will definitely help. Unless daytime temperatures are in going to exceed the mid 80s I'd let the air run 24 hours a day.
© Pond Boss Forum