Pond Boss
Posted By: The Shadow Good Source/Right herbicide - 06/21/18 09:44 PM
So last 2 years I have been trying out how to maintain a pond. Playing around with sealing the pond naturally, controlling Green Sunfish, etc. Last year I let it dry up, cleaned it out, and now I have a really clear water pond, that holds water like a champ!

New problem, I have a submerged weed (most likely generic Pond weed) that is touching the surface or are just below in most areas.. There are several animals that access this pond as water, so there is plenty of fertilizer, and I just released hatchery fish into the pond. I also have some geese and few duck that I hope will better control the weeds, but I really believe I need a herbicide. I dont want to kill my fish, harm the live stock, or kill off too much plants that kills my fish.

I am leaning towards Sonar, but I cant for the life of me find any place to buy it online, and I am worried if I find a "deal", it will be diluted, or not correct chemical.

So I need some help in choosing the best chemical (slow is most likely the best at this point) and where to get it.
Posted By: CMM Re: Good Source/Right herbicide - 06/21/18 11:10 PM
Shadow,

First, make sure of what type of weed you have. Take some good, clear, close up photos, best on a white background and post them if you can. Some types of chemicals work better than others on different types of vegetation.

There are some people on here that can help you identify your weeds and give suggestions on how best to control it.
Posted By: The Shadow Re: Good Source/Right herbicide - 06/22/18 05:34 PM
ok, so I took some photos but the forum says they are to big size wise, so I have them in a google drive link. One is the pond weed I think, the other is something floating that I thought was ?lillies? but I am not sure, maybe water lettus?

Water lettus maybe?

pond weed
© Pond Boss Forum