Pond Boss
Posted By: Donnie Castle Mixing Cutrine Plus - 04/30/07 11:29 PM
Have bought a gallon of Cutrine Plus, and have read the directions on mixing. I am still a little puzzled on how much water to mix in with it. I will be treating the banks of a 3/8 acre pond, with a two gallon pump-up hand sprayer. Should I just add the entire gallon and fill with water, or use less Cutrine Plus say 1/2 gallon and fill with water. I have removed most all the FA by hand, and will be adding 25# of 4-5" talpia tommorow. Should I wait a few days after adding the talpia before treating and can I treat the pond in the late afternoon or does it have to be early in the day like the directions call for.
Posted By: david lee Re: Mixing Cutrine Plus - 05/01/07 04:29 PM
donnie i have used cutrine plus for several years here in central tx , i have 1 acre pond, i normally spray 1 to 2 gal each year based on amount of fa, i put 25 lbs talipia last year , early may, takes about 2, 3 wks for them to make a dent, cuturine did not seem to bother, i have a 15 gal sprayer, i put 1 gal of cutrine to 15 gal water, as kelly duffie told me, he is an expert on ponds you can find his link on this site, it doesn't matter how much you add you are still putting in the same amount of cuturine. dl
Posted By: david lee Re: Mixing Cutrine Plus - 05/01/07 04:31 PM
donnie, i have had better results with cutrine pellets in shallow water next to banks, scatter about 8 ft out to bank . good luck dl
Posted By: Donnie Castle Re: Mixing Cutrine Plus - 05/01/07 04:52 PM
David, I went ahead and treated the banks before I saw your reply. I mixed up a two gallon spayer, mixing 32oz of Cutrine to 2 gallons of water. I just sprayed one bank, how long before I can spray the rest?
© Pond Boss Forum