Pond Boss
Posted By: trialsguy Diuron 80 - 09/24/06 11:01 PM
Ran into a guy that has used this product in his potty pond to control what looked like coon tail and he said he had duck weed, He had to apply every 7 days. It did a number on his pond, I seen the pond before the treatment from afar and it a months time he has almost cleared it up. The guy that recommended it to him said it will kill anything green including DW, has anyone ever used this before? I have a buddy that has a potty pond that he would like to clear up, but I dont want to waste his money on this if it wont work on DW.
Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 09:37 AM
Same as Karmax,Do not use as it will "KILL" a pond and has no label
Posted By: trialsguy Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 02:13 PM
So it wouldnt be safe to use in a potty pond either? I dont know about a label but it did have a large fold out sheet with lots of controlling facts
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 03:57 PM
I was at Lowes this weekend and looked at a "Pond Tablet" for garden ponds. Much to my dismay, Diuron was one of the A.I. (active ingredients)!

My assumption on how they get by the non-aquatic labeling is if the garden pond is self-contained, it can be used. It may be also that the A.I. is such a small amount that it would not be damaging if it was released. Just an assumption, but still suprising.
Posted By: trialsguy Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 04:24 PM
So this stuff kills everything and leaves nothing in its wake?
The guy that sold it to him says it wont harm the fish.
I know, I know where is the bridge for sell cheap?!
Posted By: h20fwlkillr Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 05:29 PM
I wouldn't use anything that kills "anything green" in a potty pond. Could throw off the natural balance of microbes,bacteria, etc.. Could create an olfactory overload.
Posted By: ewest Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 06:10 PM
If you put this in the pond it may well kill all the trees and grass around the pond.

From the label :

Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
Causes Moderate Eye Irritation • Harmful If Swallowed Or Absorbed.

Do not apply (except as recommended for crop use), or drain or flush
equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where
their roots may extend or in locations where the chemical may be washed
or moved into contact with their roots. Do not use on home plantings of
trees, shrubs or herbaceous plants, nor on lawns, walks, driveways tennis
courts or similar areas. Prevent drift of dry powder or spray to desirable
plants. Do not contaminate any body of water. Keep from contact with
fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides and seeds.
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 06:34 PM
I have seen ponds that have illegally used this product, it left a 6"-10" mud ring around the pond. No other plant life at all in the pond.
Posted By: trialsguy Re: Diuron 80 - 09/25/06 06:57 PM
Whoa! We better skip down a different trail to removing his DW. It seems kinda late to be treating it this year but then again he would have a weed bed to consider getting killed, The thing cant be over 40x40 at the most.
© Pond Boss Forum