Pond Boss
Posted By: Broncojack Help Me ID Weeds - 08/27/16 04:23 PM
Can someone ID these weeds? They are in the middle of my pond where the water is about a foot deep, kind of a under water island.
I have Clipper and Weedtrine D on hand. I have used the Weedtrine D and it looks like it starts to die but it turnes green after a week.

Attached picture P8260008.JPG
Attached picture P8260013.JPG
Attached picture P8260010.JPG
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/27/16 07:45 PM
Looks like American pondweed in the third pix
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/28/16 01:47 AM
1at pic is way too far away and plants are in the water for a good ID. 2nd pic has leaves all pushed together so one can't see the individual leaves and leaf arrangement. 3 pic is a Pat says American pondweed aka longleaf pond weed. See this for good getting good weed pics:
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=371748#Post371748
Posted By: Broncojack Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/28/16 02:03 PM
The first photo was to show how big the weed circle diameter was , about 18'.
My next question will be how much herbicide to use to treat it.
How about these photo's

Attached picture P8270008.JPG
Attached picture P8270009.JPG
Attached picture P8270010.JPG
Posted By: esshup Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/28/16 02:53 PM
Picture 7008 has one species of weed in your hand
Picture 7009 has two species of weeds in your hand
Picture 70010 has two species of weeds in your hand

Which specific weed are you wanting an answer about, or do you want an answer on all species?

What level of control do you want, partial, total or total control of one species?
Posted By: Broncojack Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/28/16 10:26 PM
I would like to kill all of the weeds that are in the center of the pond.
All three pictures are the weeds that I pulled from there.
So the question is can I spot treat just the center of the pond or do I have to treat the entire pond ?
I have been spot treating the center with Weedtrine D. I have not tried the Clipper yet.
It looks like starts to kill the weeds that are floating on top but not the submerged weeds.
Posted By: esshup Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/28/16 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Broncojack
I would like to kill all of the weeds that are in the center of the pond.

You can spot treat the weeds, what is the diameter of the area that you want to treat, and what is the water depth in that area? You will need to know that information to correctly figure out how much to use.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/29/16 12:54 AM
Broadleaf weed is American pondweed. One with the fan shaped leaves attached around the stem is Milfoil. One with real narrow leaves is a narrow leaf pond weed that could easily be Sago pondweed, however I cannot see the leaf arrangement well enough to confirm a name. Consider using a coarse granular such as Aquathol Super K is one that works well for spot treatments for these weeds. American pondweed is a good fish habitat plant.
Posted By: Broncojack Re: Help Me ID Weeds - 08/30/16 10:43 PM
Thanks Bill, I'll try the Super K and report back.
© Pond Boss Forum