Pond Boss
Posted By: chambers270 Is this FA already? - 07/24/16 01:37 AM
I came home the other afternoon and noticed a film on top of my pond that I have never seen before. Is this FA already or maybe just some dust/pollen? It seems to be getting a little worse the last few days.

Posted By: snrub Re: Is this FA already? - 07/24/16 04:35 AM
FA starts growing on the bottom and only in later stages as it matures gasses get trapped in it and blobs of it floats to the surface.

If that is a thin layer on the surface, I doubt it is FA. At least the variety of FA I have and am familiar with.
Posted By: chambers270 Re: Is this FA already? - 07/25/16 12:41 AM
Sorry, I guess I should have been less specific. If this is not FA, is it some form of Algae?
Posted By: scott69 Re: Is this FA already? - 07/25/16 01:56 AM
my first pond did the same thing as it was filling. there is no telling what kind of nutrients are stirred up during construction. it's probably just an algae bloom of some type.i don't think you have anything to worry about. as snrub said, it will be fluffy blobs when fa floats to the top.
Posted By: ewest Re: Is this FA already? - 07/25/16 06:57 PM
Looks like a heavy plankton bloom. How is your water color ?
Posted By: chambers270 Re: Is this FA already? - 07/26/16 01:50 AM
It is starting to clear, maybe 6 inch visibility right now. It has always had dark tint like swamps around here do from the tannic acid.
Posted By: ewest Re: Is this FA already? - 07/26/16 02:16 AM
Can you get a close up pic of water and green film ?
Posted By: chambers270 Re: Is this FA already? - 07/27/16 02:02 AM
Will try to get them tomorrow
Posted By: chambers270 Re: Is this FA already? - 07/30/16 01:04 AM
Ok since the recent rains, I have nothing on top of the water. Also the water is starting to clear, visibility is around8-10 inches now.
© Pond Boss Forum