Pond Boss
Posted By: Broncojack Spot Treating Curly Leaf Pondweed - 05/29/16 07:34 PM
I am starting to get some growth in my inlet of the pond. Thanks to all the other members they have identified it as Curly Leaf Pondweed.
Can I sopt treat it or do I have to treat the whole pond?
With it being early in the season, should I wait until there is more of it?
I will also probally be getting Eurasian Watermilfoil later in the summer like last year.
This is a great Fourm, Thanks.

Attached picture P5280010.JPG
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Spot Treating Curly Leaf Pondweed - 05/30/16 12:03 AM
It can be spot treated with granular or a liquid dispersed with a drop tube below the surface. IMO the granular such as aquathol super K provides good and effective control for relatively small spot treatments providing the "spots" are not real large. Large infested areas are likely most effectively treated by whole pond chemical treatments.

It is a little late in the season for getting good control of curly leaf. It is best treated before it reaches the surface and before it forms the turions. Treatment can be as soon as the water reaches 50-55F. It can be treated in late fall when the turions have sprouted and before the water drops to 48F.
Posted By: Coho Eddie Re: Spot Treating Curly Leaf Pondweed - 05/30/16 02:12 AM
I would just use a diquat product. You can get good control with a pump sprayer on the surface. Weedtrine D or Reward works fine for someone wanting to do spot shoreline treatments. Invest in a decent 3 gallon backpack sprayer. This way you can use Cutrine Plus or Herbicides much more effectively.
© Pond Boss Forum