Pond Boss
Posted By: RER Shore Klear Question - 08/21/14 02:37 PM
If I use shore klear or similar product to spry the above water portion of emergant weeds (torpedo grass) will it efect any of the submerged plants in the pond?
Posted By: esshup Re: Shore Klear Question - 08/21/14 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: BobbyRice
If I use shore klear or similar product to spry the above water portion of emergant weeds (torpedo grass) will it efect any of the submerged plants in the pond?

Not when applied according to labeled rates.

From the label:

"This product does not control plants which are completely submerged or have a majority of their foliage under water."
Posted By: RER Re: Shore Klear Question - 08/21/14 03:51 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: BobbyRice

Not when applied according to labeled rates.

From the label:

"This product does not control plants which are completely submerged or have a majority of their foliage under water."

what might be a good product for the torpedo grass. Some of the sprouts are a foot or so deep. Just a thin shoot up then grass opens obove water line.
Posted By: esshup Re: Shore Klear Question - 08/21/14 04:03 PM
Bobby:

I thnk that's your best bet. I've no first hand experience with either, just Phragmites that were 90+% above the water and it worked great on them. If it's Torpedo Grass, then TAMU also says imazapyr works, but it will also whack underwater vegetation too.

Diquat works on well on plants that are above the water line, but again, I haven't tried it first hand on either of the ones that it could be. I'd hate to recommend buying a jug just to find out it won't work.
© Pond Boss Forum