Pond Boss
i bought a product for my weed problem finally but i still feel i need to remove excess weeds that are left floating around. something to throw and retrieve woudld be ideal. what would you recomend for this? this is just for skimming the top of the water...thanks.
For skimming beleive it or not I use a skimmer. The pool kind that can attach to a super long extendable handle. I also have a leaf net with metal reinforcement or aluminum frame for heavier material and algae. I work that from the shore then hit the boat and work outside in whatever I did not get. I'll get one of those rope handled tubs and fill it up in the boat, sometimes two. If the material is really wet and heavy I just drain out all the water I can, lighten up the load.
In reading this, it just occured to me "what about a snow roof rake"? It's light weight, and has a long handle that comes in sections. I suppose it could be made to float by using some of those pool "noodles",
I have a good system--starts with a leaf net you can get at a pool supply store--aluminum frame, mesh net--it's even this annoying "pool blue" color which really stands out in a natural environment.

Don't buy their telescoping handles--when scooping wet leaves you can get enough to bend the handle and once it's bent, it's shot.

Go get some 10 foot sections of PVC pipe 1 1/2" diameter or 2" diameter. Attach it to the net--now you've got a flexible handle that will bend, not break and it is relatively light--it will also float somewhat.

Next if you need more than 10 feet, add a union and just screw two pieces together. That get's kind of heavy but it does work.

I have pictures if you like to see them.

By the way, I took care of the white PVC with some camoflage spray paint.
That's a good idea for a smaller pond, but it might take a while for a BOW that's 2 acres, depending on how many helpers you have.
© Pond Boss Forum