Pond Boss
Posted By: Gene Moss Removal Videos - 07/02/08 09:07 PM
This is my idea for controlling moss in your pond, the easiest way to remove your moss is to find a whip antenna or something very similar. Cordless drill this will wrap up your FA and ring it out, give it a try!

Check out these videos
Posted By: the stick Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/02/08 10:39 PM
Cool videos. Necessity, truly is the mother of invention.
Posted By: bz Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/03/08 06:53 PM
That's ingenious! Looks like a green cotton candy machine.
Posted By: eagle670 Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/30/13 08:59 PM
I know that this is an old post, but can someone fill me in on what this invention was? The video link is dead. I am looking for something that I can build to remove the surface moss.

Thanks
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/30/13 09:29 PM
Trash pump does a good job of sucking it off the surface..
Posted By: eagle670 Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/31/13 04:55 PM
I thought of that, but I would really like to see what this guy made. he says that he used a long whip antenna and a cordless drill. Apparently the rotation rolled the algae right up on the antenna. That would be awesome if it works, you could expand on that simple design to something more powerful and bigger to cover more surface area.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/31/13 08:05 PM
I'd be skeptical on that method.. It is usually large mats of smaller mats kinda grouped together I wouldn't think you'd get as much rolling it on to something.. Just my opinion some kind of well built drag system pulled by 2 tractors might work but I'd still think it'd be tough pulling it up out of the water..
Posted By: eagle670 Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/31/13 08:42 PM
I have used my winch before to pull a homemade spiked rake through the water, it was mainly to clean up debris off the bottom of the pond, like brush and weeds. I think that I could put some floats on it so that it would just skim the surface and then pull it with the winch.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Moss Removal Videos - 07/31/13 09:31 PM
Problem is I don't know how much FA you have but when you get so much the floats and take want to come up over the top of the mats.. I tried steel hog panels and steel cable with 2 tractors and it was an epic fail..
© Pond Boss Forum