Pond Boss
Posted By: Peon New Vegetation Invader - 05/24/16 08:25 PM
I'm looking for some more help folks.

Having beaten the Chara with advice from the Forum, we now have a new invader.

Any help with identification and treatment would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attached picture pond veg.jpg
Posted By: Bill D. Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/25/16 01:28 AM
I'll guess Curlyleaf Pondweed....
Posted By: Peon Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/25/16 02:31 PM
Ty Bill
Posted By: esshup Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/25/16 04:03 PM
Yep. 10-15 parts per billion Sonar A.S. treatment now before they set turions will work. It really should have been treated a month ago.

FWIW, disregard the product recommendation if you have water flowing into and/or out of the pond.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/25/16 04:15 PM
No matter what plant you eliminate nature demands that some type of plant will grow there as long as nutrients are available. Pond weeds are a lot like a husband or wife, which one can you best live with?
Posted By: Peon Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/25/16 07:39 PM
We do have creek water that flows into the 1/4 acre pond and then back into the creek at the other end.

Was planning to expand and renovate this summer but its looking like next year so I am just trying to keep it fishable for the kids.

Thx guys.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/26/16 01:38 AM
I'm with Bill C. Eventually, Ma Nature will put vegetation in your pond. FWIW The approach I'm taking in my pond is to try and establish "good" vegetation before the "bad" vegetation shows up.
Posted By: esshup Re: New Vegetation Invader - 05/26/16 01:01 PM
Then Sonar will not be a good choice. With that size pond, a weed razor will work on the Curly Leaf Pondweed. It won't regrow from fragments like EWM will.
© Pond Boss Forum