Pond Boss
Posted By: SK63 What is this? - 07/09/15 03:50 AM
For the most part, it's mixed in with my Primrose which I'm in the process of zapping.

[img]http://s221.photobucket.com/user/Kipp70/media/IMG_0275.jpg.html[/img]
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: What is this? - 07/09/15 04:34 AM
Watermeal or duckweed IMO.
Posted By: SK63 Re: What is this? - 07/09/15 04:45 AM
Probably duckweed, Ive had it before. Trying to keep fluridone in the water this summer is going to be challenging, I'm getting heavy rains about every week. Maybe I should hold off on killing the water primrose and let them use up the nutrients.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: What is this? - 07/09/15 10:17 AM
Looks like duckweed to me.
Posted By: Woody1355 Re: What is this? - 07/09/15 02:07 PM
I'm not sure exactly what it is, but the grass carp love eating it at my ponds!
Posted By: SK63 Re: What is this? - 07/09/15 05:29 PM
It's multiplying rapidly so I'm sure it's duckweed. Ugh
Posted By: esshup Re: What is this? - 07/10/15 04:38 AM
Look into using Clipper.
Posted By: SK63 Re: What is this? - 07/11/15 04:49 PM
Yeah, I need to do something quick, this stuff is aggressive. Sonar is just too expensive (for me) for a 1 acre pond. Do you have any experience with Sonar Genesis? It seems to be a little more affordable. I'll look in to Clipper. Thanks
Posted By: esshup Re: What is this? - 07/11/15 07:29 PM
I stick to using Sonar A.S.

For duckweed, if labor is free, (you doing the spraying) I'd use Clipper. The concentration of Fluridone needed to hit duckweed will also wipe out any other vascular plants in the pond.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: What is this? - 07/11/15 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup

The concentration of Fluridone needed to hit duckweed will also wipe out any other vascular plants in the pond.

And??? There's a downside there, somewhere? grin

(I know, I know)

5000th post!!! Woo-Hoo!!
Posted By: SK63 Re: What is this? - 07/11/15 09:10 PM
The only other things I have is a quite heavy infestation of Primrose and some brownish junk that balls up just below the surface in shallow water, never figured out what it is, but the GC seem to keep it in check. If I kill the Primrose and duckweed, I'll have FA within a week or 2. Sometimes I just want to drain the thing and be done with it, lol
Posted By: esshup Re: What is this? - 07/12/15 01:03 AM
It's definitely a balancing act between plants and algae. Whack the plants, FA grows. Whack the FA, get a good bloom going to limit sunlight or dye the water heavily. Add Tilapia to eat the FA during the summer.
Posted By: SK63 Re: What is this? - 07/25/15 02:21 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup

For duckweed, if labor is free, (you doing the spraying) I'd use Clipper. The concentration of Fluridone needed to hit duckweed will also wipe out any other vascular plants in the pond.

Thanks for the Clipper suggestion, tried it, that stuff whacks Duckweed quite well. I was impressed.
© Pond Boss Forum