Pond Boss
Posted By: cocklebur bottom draw or fountain? - 09/09/03 03:45 AM
I have a 3/4 acre pond in southeast texas; pear shaped; 12' deep at the dam, rising to 4' in the narrow/shallow end. I get waterflow only in heavy rains because of insufficient watershed; water levels drop dramatically throughout the summer. I would prefer an aeration system that also provides aesthetics. The current issue of Pond Boss seems to favor an aerating fountain for my situation. I've contacted some of the Pond Boss advertisers. One recommends a diffuser system as his first choice, with a bottom draw system as his second choice--focusing on maximizing oxygenation. The other recommends an aerating fountain because it will create more water movement, which they think will better discourage algae, plus they point out that the thermocline isn't really a problem in south texas. Thoughts? If I chose between the bottom draw and the fountain aerator, which would be better?
Posted By: SolarBee5 Re: bottom draw or fountain? - 09/10/03 07:52 PM
Cocklebur - suggest you not settle for one or the other... The SolarBee solar-powered circulator can provide oxygenation down to the bottom plus control algae at the surface.

Long term cost is low compared to other solutions, units have a 25 year life expectancy with minimal maintenance, and are silent from 50' away.

We have a rental program as well, so you can "try before you buy". See our website at www.SolarBee.com for an online video and other information.

Best Regards,

Michael
© Pond Boss Forum