Pond Boss
Posted By: C Peasy Moving Diffuser - 08/17/19 09:06 PM
I have a 3/4 acre pond in South Dakota average depth 7/8 ft spent the day removing as much Leafy Pond Weed And FA as possible off of I noticed that around one of my Diffusers a new weed (which undoubtly I’ll spend the afternoon/night trying to identify) had completely surrounded and engulfed. I decided to move the diffuser to a new location that will now be the deepest diffuser I have.

Is there any info on needing to reset my time of aerating back to 0. And ladder back up to the 12 hrs a night that I have been running it ? The new diffuser location is now in 11/12 ft of water, originally it was at 6.

Thanks
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Moving Diffuser - 08/17/19 11:53 PM
Have you any temp records from surface to bottom?

If temps have been the same from top to bottom, then it should not be any problem moving a diffuser. But If you're pond has maintained a thermocline, a slower approach would be appropriate.
Posted By: C Peasy Re: Moving Diffuser - 08/18/19 01:21 AM
Perfect. I will start working it back up to my 12 hours. Thanks for the knowledge. The water was definitely colder down that low.

Side note half the usual BG showed up for feeding tonight. The others were blowing up the insects in the areas I removed weeds from fun to watch. It always blows my mind the insects that live in and on the pond weeds
Thanks again QA
© Pond Boss Forum