Pond Boss
Posted By: Downrigger56304 Nanobubble aeration - 06/05/19 07:31 PM
I was just reading about this in an article, I was wondering if anyone has experience with this? It states that the bubbles are so small they don't rise to the surface and are negatively charged so they stick to plants. Also they claim to stop bad bacteria from forming in a water body. Is this system practical to use? Expensive? Or is this a product long on promises short on results? Thanks for replying
Posted By: DannyMac Re: Nanobubble aeration - 06/06/19 08:48 PM
I don't have answers, but there's a whole mess of videos on YouTube. I'll look at some. I know the bubbles, being so small, do not rise but rather move out a while then dissolve in the water. Supposedly.
Posted By: Joey Quarry Re: Nanobubble aeration - 06/07/19 02:53 AM
I have read a few published articles on "NanoBubbles" and I am still unsure. There isn't a lot of science for our application. My biggest concern would be ozone, which is three loosely bound oxygen molecules.

Ozone is detrimental to cell life but until there are more studies on it's efficacy in pond/lake habitats, I am going to watch from the sidelines.
Posted By: DannyMac Re: Nanobubble aeration - 06/09/19 03:11 PM
I recall many years ago reading about trout below an overflowing dam that were dying. It was determined the trout were getting super-oxygenated and the investigators called it "bubble disease."

I suppose plain old air could be nano-bubbled, but then, you'd also be dissolving the other eighty percent of air, mostly nitrogen gas. Good? Bad?

I've been unable to find the air pressure required to generate micro and nano sized bubbles. So, I don't know if a regular aerator pump could be outfitted with a micro or nano sized bubbler.

I think there's two approaches to generating the bubbles: The nozzle may be attached to a high pressure water pump and the nozzle has an air hose open to the atmosphere (the water sucks air into the nozzle). Or, an air pump feeds the nozzle which also has holes before the bubble outlet to suck in water. Either way, generating a fine mix of water and air.

Pure oxygen or ozone generators may be expensive...in videos, a large cabinet is shown. Maybe an oxygen generator for breathing for disabled lung capacity...a hit on Medicare for a piece of pond equipment. LOL.
© Pond Boss Forum