Pond Boss
Posted By: jschmid19 Aeration System - 01/17/19 10:43 PM
I have a 3/4 acre pond I had dug almost 4 years ago. It is square shaped 180'x180'. It has a 1:3 slope down to about 11 or 12 fet in the bottom. I have decided to stock the pond this year as well as install an aeration system. I've researched a few products and contacted a couple different companies to see what they reccommend. I am looking at the kasco ra1 system and atlantic water gardens TPD100S system. I will probably mount my control/compressor box to the pier and run weighted tubing out to the diffuser out in the center of the pond. I'm just curious if anyone has any advice on which to go with or if there is another system that might be better? Thank you for your help.
Posted By: Mike Whatley Re: Aeration System - 01/17/19 10:58 PM
I cant give any specific information on either of those systems, but I can say this... make sure your pump is rated to perform to at least the depths you intend to set your diffusers, and if possible, at a greater depth.

If the pump is rated for 12 feet max, and you set your diffuser at that depth, the pump will be operating at its maximum load, whereas if its rated for 20 feet, its operating much more efficiently at depths shallower than that, equating to a much longer service life.
© Pond Boss Forum