Pond Boss
Posted By: cb100 Muck liquidation and removal - 01/17/19 04:20 AM
I have a 46 year old pond with about 6 feet of muck. I also have two other ponds downstream with about 300 yards between each. I was thinking about building a series of haybale dams between each pond. And then taking a water pump with a pipe on the outflow with holes drilled in the bottom to pump water down through the muck to liquify it and drain it out with a bottom siphon. The hay baffles and ponds downstream should catch most of the muck and the downstream ponds would be a lot easier to clean out than the first pond. Has anyone else tried anything like this?
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Muck liquidation and removal - 01/17/19 05:54 PM
Here's a thread that disscusses the topic and it links anpother thread that has alot more to read...

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=312172

I can't vouch for any of it other than I read them when I was considering the muck removal approach for my pond.
Posted By: cb100 Re: Muck liquidation and removal - 01/18/19 03:56 AM
Thanks for the response quarter acre .I looked at that post I have been pumping the muck out with a trash pump into an above ground pool let it settle and drain the water to my bait fish pond and dump the muck to a pit where I am making garden soil. But it is a slow process
© Pond Boss Forum