Pond Boss
I was wondering if anyone has any thought or input on this product from Missouri Wind and Solar http://mwands.com/store/pond-aeration-kits
and here is a short youtube video showing it work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xtxo7aJmnA

It is a fraction of the cost of other solar units (about 800-900 dollars after addition of solar panels) I cannot find any reviews of anyone who has used it. I am trying to find an aeration option for a northern pond where electricity is not an option.
I personally know someone who is using a system like this sold by Vertex. It is in a very extreme environment, 9,500' in the mountains, and I personally saw it kick butt last Winter. You also need to look up the PB member named MNfish. He is in your area and has built some REALLY nice direct drive systems. If I lived in MN he is who I would be talking with hands down!

EDIT: Sorry, your sig says Michigan, but somehow I saw Minnesota.
I would recommend the vertex system. I would pass on the MWAS system.
I wish there was a “good” system out there for less than $3000. This system might work with the addition of batteries, solar panels, and power management. Just needs to run at night.
I just can’t justify $7000-$9000 for aeration. I’ve been told though, that poor aeration is worse than no aeration.
TR,

I missed the second half of WBjr's post. I agree MNFish is the right guy in your area. He is MNfish1 now.
Yes I found some of his old posts and one he built that was similar,
Originally Posted By: tr889
Yes I found some of his old posts and one he built that was similar,

What he is building now is far superior to what he was building then. Plus his rig is proven in your climate and conditions.
How is poor aeration better than no aeration? That doesn't compute. Just get a decent pump and hook it up to your electric. Solar probably has no payback.
Some of us WISH we could just hook a pump up to electric. Closet electric for me was ~10 miles away.
Originally Posted By: wannapond0001
How is poor aeration better than no aeration? That doesn't compute. Just get a decent pump and hook it up to your electric. Solar probably has no payback.

I was told, if I remember correctly, that sporadic aeration run only during daylight might cause problems. I can see where it would.
I would like to see that claim verified also. I have heard it here but have never heard an explanation of why and under what conditions some aeration is worse than none...
© Pond Boss Forum