Pond Boss
Posted By: KENZ Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/20/18 12:49 PM
Is anyone using the Kasco Robust aire diffuser? I currently have a Gast 1/3 hp running a 4-9" disc diffuser station. With the discs from Diffuser Express in the center of a 1/3 acre pond and about 8' deep. The pressure gauge at the pump reads about 4-5 psi. I am thinking about adding another location and these look interesting but a little pricey.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/20/18 01:10 PM
Kenze...stick with the membrane discs....the hose plugs fast and is virtually impossible to keep clean and the bubbles become huge.

Kasco makes great products, but I'm not a fan of the aeration diffuser
Posted By: highflyer Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/20/18 07:47 PM
I really like Vertex's diffusers. I have used and abused them in several trials in our ponds. As Rex says, their bubbles are great. I don't need to clean them very often, and when I do, it is a simple brushing that cleans them off.
Posted By: KENZ Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/21/18 01:59 AM
Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: ryan596 Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/24/18 01:35 AM
Love my airpro system. Works very well

https://www.livingwateraeration.com/2-acre-pond-aeration-system.html
Posted By: BrianL Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/24/18 02:14 PM
I have two, but I've only had them out for a couple months. So far they are good.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/24/18 02:51 PM
This will be my 5th Summer for my oldest Vertex diffusers. So far they have been flawless. Very easy to clean (which is a big deal to me).
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser - 05/25/18 01:31 PM
I have the Kasco system with 6 diffusers and this week I noticed the bubbles at the farthest diffuser was not bubbling like it should have. So yesterday my grandson and I pulled up the diffuser from 12 foot water depth and scrubbed the tubular part using a brush. Hope it helps. The running time was in the shut off mode so not sure at this time if it helped. I hope so because if not I will have to track down other possible problem, if any. First time this diffuser was cleaned since last year. When I started the system up earlier this year, I just forced more air to each diffuser by closing off the air the others. And hoped that would clean each one up. All but this furthest one seems to be doing well. Remember, I am moving air around 2,200' to that farthest diffuser.
© Pond Boss Forum