Pond Boss
Posted By: Jeff Shuey Vertex II motor runs but no air - 05/07/18 07:46 PM
The pump is around 7 years old and I'm not mechanical. Any ideas what the problem is and is it an easy fix? Or am I better of coughing up another $1K? The pond is 1/2 acre, 2 diffusors and the pump has run non-stop for 6 months every year. Thanks!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Vertex II motor runs but no air - 05/08/18 12:17 AM
What is the pressure on the gauge? If you have no pressure and the pump runs then it likely needs new cups for a rebuild kit. New pump should not cost more than $400-500.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Vertex II motor runs but no air - 05/08/18 12:49 AM
I found the good people at Vertex very willing to help troubleshoot pump problems either by phone or email. You can contact their service department at:

VertexService@vertexwaterfeatures.com
1-844-432-4303
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Vertex II motor runs but no air - 05/08/18 02:02 AM
I agree with Bill C. FWIW I suspect there are Youtube videos that will take you step by step through how to rebuild the pump. I suggest you watch a couple and then decide whether just ordering a kit to rebuild will work for you or if you think it is too difficult. Small engine repair shops will probably do the rebuild for you if you don't want to tackle it on your own. IME these pumps are made to be rebuilt which will be way cheaper than buying a new one.
Posted By: Jeff Shuey Re: Vertex II motor runs but no air - 05/08/18 01:38 PM
Thanks all for the replies & info. This pretty much covers what I need know.
© Pond Boss Forum