Pond Boss
Posted By: cb100 Pond aeration - 12/07/17 12:59 AM
Is anyone using the air pro rocking piston pump system advised by living waters. For$ 695 I have a half acre pond that is 25' deep .and was wondering if it would be good for my pond. And if I could add another diffuser to get air to my fhm pond.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Pond aeration - 12/07/17 02:16 AM
I would not use that compressor for water larger than 1/2 ac. Do homework as to how much cfm one cylinder vs two cylinder pumps produce. Each diffuser requires around 0.5cfm to operate efficiently. Two ways of using the pump system: A. run it 24/7 with more frequent rebuilds and shorter life span, or B. oversize the unit and run it 50% to 75% less each day which results in longer life span and fewer rebuilds per each 2-5yrs. "Generally" the warmer and more turbid the pond the longer the system should run each day. Warmer and more turbid the pond usually the greater the BOD (biochemical oxygen demand).
Posted By: cb100 Re: Pond aeration - 12/07/17 05:09 AM
It says it's good for an acre pond but I was curious anybody had experience with that system.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Pond aeration - 12/07/17 04:46 PM
When used in 1 acre they expect you to operate it 24/7 or close to that amount of time based on how much water it moves per hour. The usual goal for pond aeration is to produce one turnover per day which that system should do when it is run 24/7.
© Pond Boss Forum