Pond Boss
Posted By: TheBeard What size weighted line? - 08/16/17 02:08 PM
I have an aeration design question. I decided I wanted to get aeration going today on my pond. So last night I ordered a Thomas 2660 pump on ebay and I just drove 4 hours to pick it up with the plans of hitting a pond supply store on the way home for some weighted air hose and diffusers. I called a place I found and they wondered what size airline I wanted. I said I dunno, because I don't. My pond is about 200 ft long and 100 foot wide and 11 feet deep down along the center. What size airline should I get? What are the variables to help me decide? I'm currently driving and am 1.5 hours from the store, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Brian
Posted By: TheBeard Re: What size weighted line? - 08/16/17 02:18 PM
My scribbles loosely show the area the pond is 9-11 ft deep.

Description: My scribbles loosely show the area the pond is 9-11 ft deep
Attached picture Screenshot_20170814-155601.jpg
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: What size weighted line? - 08/16/17 04:18 PM
On our pond we run two single disk air stations and run 3/8" to each. 3/8" inside diameter.
Posted By: RC51 Re: What size weighted line? - 08/16/17 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: TheBeard
I have an aeration design question. I decided I wanted to get aeration going today on my pond. So last night I ordered a Thomas 2660 pump on ebay and I just drove 4 hours to pick it up with the plans of hitting a pond supply store on the way home for some weighted air hose and diffusers. I called a place I found and they wondered what size airline I wanted. I said I dunno, because I don't. My pond is about 200 ft long and 100 foot wide and 11 feet deep down along the center. What size airline should I get? What are the variables to help me decide? I'm currently driving and am 1.5 hours from the store, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Brian I would use 5/8ths inside diameter weighted hose. Some folks use 3/8ths inside diameter. I used 5/8th and it's worked great for me in my 1 acre pond. Hope this helps.

RC
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: What size weighted line? - 08/17/17 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51

Brian I would use 5/8ths inside diameter weighted hose. Some folks use 3/8ths inside diameter. I used 5/8th and it's worked great for me in my 1 acre pond. Hope this helps.

RC

same here
Posted By: esshup Re: What size weighted line? - 08/18/17 02:31 AM
Better late than never I guess.

I won't recommend running anything less than 1/2" I.D. Too much restriction in the 3/8" if you want to run more than 1 diffuser disk from each airline.

A client buried 3/8" airline to his pond and has problems with it freezing up in the winter. He also wants to run more air to his pond, but the buried 3/8" airline won't let him. Another pond on his property has 1" line buried to it, and no signs of any freezing problems, even though that compressor is inside a heated building.
© Pond Boss Forum