Pond Boss
I am looking at the GAST 0523 ROTARY VANE SEPTIC AIR PUMP 1/4 Hp to use on my aeration syste. Advice needed anyone using this in their system or other suggestions/brands ?
Many people use the Gast 0523 for pond aeration. It will operate about six 9" dia rubber membrane diffusers providing the water is not deeper than 18ft.
Ok great. I have had my eye on one. I am thinking about 3 Double stations 6 total Vertex 9" Disk . Do you have other recommendations on disk. I was thinking about building my own bases out of pvc . I have 230v Avalible is there any advantage running 230 over 115?
Thanks
230v will be more efficient, run cooler, use less electricity, and startups will be easier on the motor. Anytime you CAN wire an electric motor or purchase the same said motor at a 220/230 over 110/115 you will get benefits. The same motor is doing the same work but with more ability. Its just not always feasible and sometimes not possible. Find out the amperage or wattage over any particular item and use an online calc to plug and play. Put in your variables then use your different voltages and see how the amperage changes. You might be surprised. I always use a dam as an analogy with my students.

Voltage: Electrical psi
Amperage: Flow of electricity
Watts: How much work can be done
Ohms: Resistance

Voltage is water behind the dam (psi), amperage is the flow that goes through the dam...(too much amperage and what happens to the dam or wires?)...watts is the amount of work the water going through the dam can do (turning a turbine)...and ohms is the resistance of the tunnels (size of wire, corrosion, etc)

Anyways...you didn't ask for a lesson...lol. The 230 would be best in my opinion. lol
My electrician experts and the manager of the local electrical co-op say there is no real advantage to using 220 on a single phase motor compared to 115. 220 has noticeable benefits when the motor is 3-phase.
Awesome post
Thanks for that Mr. Cody. My experience doesn't go that far into electricity. I teach high school shop classes.

Go with Mr. Cody's advice, he is an expert. My opinion would then go with the cheaper and easier of the two options. smile
© Pond Boss Forum