Pond Boss
Posted By: Bill D. No Airflow - 06/10/15 02:41 PM
This is just a FYI

My aerator runs from 1 AM to 5:30 AM. This morning I looked out at 5 and there were no bubbles.

I just went down and kicked the aerator on manually and no bubbles. Pressure gage measured 0. Although I recently replaced the air inlet filter element, I started there with trying to figure out what was going on. Removed the filter cap and cartridge and now lots of bubbles. Cartridge was clean. Installed the cartridge. Lots of bubbles. Installed the cap, no bubbles. Checked out the inlet tube in the cap and found 5 or 6 worms/caterpillars 3//4 inch long way down inside plugging the tube. Removed them and problem solved. I have a new air filter assembly I just bought which will solve this problem. Until I get a chance to install it, I am putting the cover back on the compressor housing. The cover has a coarse inlet filter that would have prevented the worms getting in there in the first place.

Moral of the story, IMHO check your night time aerator at least once a week to make sure it is working properly.

Bill D.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: No Airflow - 06/10/15 09:02 PM
Worms!! really, haha I will ck for worms when I finally get my system going.

Thanks Bill

Tracy
Posted By: Bill D. Re: No Airflow - 06/11/15 03:42 AM
I tapped the little dudes out on top a post. If they are still there tomorrow, I will snap a pic and post it.
Posted By: esshup Re: No Airflow - 06/11/15 06:33 AM
Fish Bait!!
© Pond Boss Forum