Pond Boss
Posted By: Jerry G Aeration - 05/25/07 12:30 AM
I have a six acre pond with a very good fishery and fertile water. I am thinking about an aeration system to keep it all healthy in the summer months (northeast Texas). Do any of you have recommendations on systems, i.e. company names?

They seem a little pricey and therefore don't want to get tied up with the wrong organization.

Thanks,
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Aeration - 05/25/07 12:38 PM
Jerry:

I have gotten a pretty good opinion of the aeration professionals who frequent the forum here (and coincidently advertise in PBMag). I would contact a couple of them, give them the info on the size, depth, species of your pond, your needs and preferences wrt aeration (110VAC or 220VAC? Need an enclosure, or have a building to put the compressor in? Need installation, or DIY? How far from compressor placement to the pond?) and let them spec out and design a system for you. Then go with the one that seems right to you.

See The Resource Guide.
Posted By: Jerry G Re: Aeration - 05/26/07 03:14 AM
Thank you, Theo. I'll give it a go.

Jerry
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 03:01 AM
Jerry , i have priced a Vertex system . I gave them a drawing at the Pond Boss Convention showing the diff. depth's and the shape of my 1.6 acre pond , They took an aireal photo and figured what I needed . Todd Overton is there local distributer. I am going to do it but have not had the time to mess with it yet. they will install or I may do it . My wife want's me to let them ! she's afraid i'll screw it up . LOL
Harvey
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 10:43 AM
Harvey, I think I must have married your wifes sister.
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 02:34 PM
Dave , yes but she's sweet .
My avg. depth is 5.3 ft. and shaped like the hook um horn's sign , with index & small fingers being channels and the fist the main pond , so the diffusers need to be placed just right .
Sue Cruz at Vertex has figured the turnover rate will be 1.75 times a day .
I have seen your many post's here and respect your knoledge. I don't live at the pond site yet but it is very livable . Got to work on her .
But it's just 1.5 hour drive .
Harvey .
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 03:15 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by harvey dupriest:
My avg. depth is 5.3 ft. and shaped like the hook um horn's sign ...
Just when I had begun to think every Texan here was a Aggie.
Posted By: george Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 03:50 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:

QUOTE]Just when I had begun to think every Texan here was a Aggie.
WRONG....HOOK 'EM HORNS... \:D
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 08:31 PM
Not all of us had the GPA to be accepted at A & M.
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: Aeration - 05/30/07 09:14 PM
Aggie who?.........
I'm with George , HOOK 'EM HORNS

I'm still p#@#@st I missed your fly tying exhibiton at the convention !
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Aeration - 05/31/07 08:03 PM
So your pond looks something like this?

© Pond Boss Forum