Pond Boss
Posted By: JoeG best price on weighted tubing - 09/23/14 01:58 PM
I'm looking for a couple hundred feet of 5/8" weighted tubing to upgrade my existing system. Interested in opinions/experiences with the different brands and shopping for a good price also. Thanks.
Posted By: esshup Re: best price on weighted tubing - 09/23/14 03:12 PM
Joe, I and a lot of others would be interested in what you find out, and the differences in the different brands that you find.
Posted By: JoeG Re: best price on weighted tubing - 09/23/14 06:34 PM
I had intended to buy some from Ted Lea but never got around to it, he had probably the best deal I had found but I drug my feet. I'd like to find a 250' length but may have to bite the bullet and buy the 500' roll and sell the remainder as it seems to be only sold in 100 and 500 foot sections. I have been absent from here for a spell and wondered if there was anything new that I had missed out on.
Posted By: RC51 Re: best price on weighted tubing - 09/23/14 08:28 PM
Yeah I bought mine from Ted he did have a good deal on it! I just went to his site to see if maybe by chance it may be back up and running but I guess that's not gonna happen frown We sure could use more Ted's in the world thats for sure!

RC
Posted By: Rainman Re: best price on weighted tubing - 09/23/14 09:55 PM
Last time I priced it, it ran between $1.25 and $1.60 per foot.

It may be pricier at first, but WELL worth it for longevity and ease when you eventually need to service diffusers!
Posted By: Chad Horn Re: best price on weighted tubing - 09/24/14 01:49 AM
This is the quote I got from Vertex. Apears to be in 100' sections also. $135/100'.

2.00 AT100 BottomLine Air Supply Tubing, 100' Lengths, Self Sinking, 135.00 270.00
Flexible PVC For Connecting AirStations to Compressors
0.58" ID
Posted By: snrub Re: best price on weighted tubing - 09/24/14 03:25 AM
Originally Posted By: JoeG
I had intended to buy some from Ted Lea but never got around to it, he had probably the best deal I had found but I drug my feet. I'd like to find a 250' length but may have to bite the bullet and buy the 500' roll and sell the remainder as it seems to be only sold in 100 and 500 foot sections. I have been absent from here for a spell and wondered if there was anything new that I had missed out on.

One thing I think you will find out about the 500 ft roll is it will have to come motor freight rather than Fed-x or UPS. So be sure to take freight charges into account in the price also. Would be nice to not have splices though.
© Pond Boss Forum