Pond Boss
Posted By: DonoBBD Air station weights? - 05/29/13 04:38 PM
Can I get some ideas and pictures on how to sink a single air disk to the bottom of the pond?

I want simple but effective.

Cheers Don.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Air station weights? - 05/29/13 06:00 PM
Hey DonoBBD

I know a lot of guys will take a small 15 inch tire and center their fuser over it. cut a couple of 3 inch holes in the tire so water can pass through and sink it.

Some guys also use those milk crates the platic one with all the squares in them. Put some rocks in it and center your fuser over the top of it and sink it.

Hope that helps

Oh and don't forget to tie a rope to it with some kind of float for an easy way to pull it up if you need to at some point.

Good Luck,
RC
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Air station weights? - 05/29/13 07:49 PM
Great tip on the rope with a float. How much? Like enough rope that it is not that far to dive to the bottom but not to much that the float reaches the top? Something like a water bottle on a 3/8th rope?

Cheers Don.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Air station weights? - 05/29/13 08:06 PM
Plastic garbage can lid. Mounted with some zip ties and a couple to three bricks also zip tied on for weight. Attach a nylon rope and slowly pull it into the pond with the compressor on to position it. I use the yellow nylon ropes from Ace that are pretty cheap.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Air station weights? - 05/29/13 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Great tip on the rope with a float. How much? Like enough rope that it is not that far to dive to the bottom but not to much that the float reaches the top? Something like a water bottle on a 3/8th rope?

Cheers Don.

BBD,

I have my float on top of the water. Just tie the nylon rope to the air station and tie a float of some sort so it floats on top of the water like a bobber. You can use a rubber duck / a round floatie tube some guys use a decoy of some sort.

RC
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Air station weights? - 05/30/13 12:26 AM
Those rubber livestock feed bowls filled with concrete and anchors mounted in the concrete..
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Air station weights? - 06/01/13 03:31 PM
Well this is what I came up with. Bottom of a 5 gallon bucket cut like this. We used a 3/4 T with 3/4 electric conduit with 3/4" threaded fittings on each end. The hole through the bucket is 1" to let the conduit through. The conduit threaded end is larger then the hole. So the part will not come off the bucket. Then the one end is plugged and the air line hose barb on the other.

We will fill the bucket with some cement. Thinking of a few bolts in the bottom connected with wire, so when the creet drys it will not just pop out like a mold.

The air head can tip just in case the bottom of the pond is not level or we land on a rock. Should work good.

Cheers Don.

Attached picture airstation.jpg
Attached picture airstation2.jpg
Attached picture airstation3.jpg
Posted By: esshup Re: Air station weights? - 06/01/13 04:59 PM
Looks good, but the air line barbs look kinda small (diameter wise) what ID hose are you going to use?
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Air station weights? - 06/01/13 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Looks good, but the air line barbs look kinda small (diameter wise) what ID hose are you going to use?

Yes it is 3/8s..... I know the disk is 3/4 but the pump I have is high pressure medium volume rocker pump.

I will have two air stations and two in the shallows for winter running. Only two running at one time in my little .75 acre pond.

Cheers Don.
© Pond Boss Forum