Pond Boss
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Big Strike VS TSC Floating CC chow - 06/08/19 11:03 AM
Feeding from an Auqapro ADF75.

Fish have been on Supplemental feeding for 3 years. Ladder stocked CC, LMB, RES, HBG and two freeloading good for nothing GC.
.50 acre naturally turbid & acidic clay pond that is limed heavily.
Not a fertile pond by any stretch.
Heavily stocked with CC & BG.
Aeration daily for 2.5 years.

TSC Multi species (36%) & Floating catfish feed (32%) are all they have ever seen.

I caught a blowout deal on 80lbs of bigstrike, so that's what they will get for the next three weeks.
Will update with my thoughts and observations after I see how things go.
Posted By: ewest Re: Big Strike VS TSC Floating CC chow - 06/08/19 01:51 PM
Copy and post all 3 labels and compare. Should be ok for a general food. Much better than no feeding at all or even general CC food.
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Re: Big Strike VS TSC Floating CC chow - 06/08/19 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Copy and post all 3 labels and compare. Should be ok for a general food. Much better than no feeding at all or even general CC food.

I think it is General CC food.
It's made by Cargill, 32%.
It says floating food but it sinks fairly fast. Noticeably faster than the TSC 32%.

One thing I dont like is the bag. Its double thick paper, very easy to tear a hole in. The TSC bag is a plastic material, much stronger. I store the food in a non climate controlled shed and the paper seems like it will readily absorb moisture from the air. After loading the feeder, I like to tape the bag closed and roll the top, then tape it again.
The paper bags will just tear apart when I remove the tape to use more of it.

I will use what I have but wont pay full price for it based on my experience so far.

FWIW, the catfish ate it with no complaints but it did sink quickly, so the Hoover vacume action was short lived.
I like to watch the large cats Hoover up the feed. They have giant heads.

TSC bag material. Puncture resistant, doesn't absorb moisture and will not tear when taped closed. CarGill...are you listening? I am the everyman.

Attached picture 20190608_104132.jpg
Attached picture 20190608_100251.jpg
Attached picture 20190608_100304.jpg
Attached picture 20190608_104151.jpg
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Big Strike VS TSC Floating CC chow - 06/09/19 12:43 AM
CNP, Cargill makes both foods. I think the only fish food under the actual Cargill name is their aquaculture line.
Posted By: DannyMac Re: Big Strike VS TSC Floating CC chow - 06/09/19 03:26 PM
I've bought only one bag of Cargill, two years ago, supposedly delivered from the Cargill mill. It must have been bagged wet. A couple inches into it I found a basketball sized clump of badly molded feed. I threw out the molded part (about half) and fed the rest, with some trepidation.

Since then I'm feeding Optimal (bass and bluegill) feed and TSC gamefish (channel cats and bluegills).

I'd try the Purina feeds, like MVP, but the local authorized dealer doesn't stock. I've not asked for him to order some (two bags a year). Online sales all require a substantial delivery charge...practically doubling the delivered price.
© Pond Boss Forum